Monday, May 16, 2011

The Icing On Our Cake...Weekly Points Plus Allowance!

If you were to ask my brother what my "number one rule" was, he would grin, and tell you the token line I have been saying for over 20 years

"Always save room for dessert."

I can't help it. I have a sweet tooth, and I need to have a dessert or sweet after my lunch and dinner.  Sometimes a sugar free popsicle won't cut it.  This is when I dive into my allowance points!

Hopefully you have been eating some of you allowance points already, but if you haven't you must be cranky and feel deprived :)  I know I did when I first tried go without them.

We are given 49 allowance points each week. Yes....an extra 49!!  Eat them.  I promise you will still loose, and you will stick to this program longer and have more success.

You can eat 7 extra points a day, 5 here, 9 there, or save them all up for a special night out.  Eat them but make sure that you track them!  The system that the wonderful weight watchers creators have made includes  these points because you need to eat them.  You body needs fuel, and food is fuel.  Each day your body needs at least your daily points plus to survive and not think you are starving.  You can eat an additional 49 points plus each week, and STILL loose.

These points are given to you at the beginning of each week.  They do not roll over into the next week, so eat them while you have them.  If you only want to have some of them, then that is fine - if you eat 29 instead of 49 you will still see success.

Here is an example of what I spend my allowance points on?

Monday - 2 lemon squares (non ww friendly, small, and I checked the nutrition stats on the back of the box) 5pp

Tuesday - 2 pieces of pizza during my dinner, which threw me over my daily points by 5 points...so i used 5 allowance...and boy was that pizza good

Wednesday - Mocha Frapp @ starbucks - 4pp

Thursday - did not go over

Friday - Dinner out with friends, went over by 20 - so i used 20 pp

Saturday - some candy to eat during a movie 10 pp

So make healthy, wise, and filling choices for your daily points.  Allow yourself to eat something that you truly desire with your allowance points, but do not go over.


Leave a comment with your favorite allowance points treats!

1 comment:

  1. I don't do WW but I definitely make room in my eating plan for occasional treats - I make sure that I enjoy them in moderation and as long as I stay active and make generally good choices, a little treat doesn't hurt!

    ReplyDelete