Saturday, May 14, 2011

Breaking for Breakfast...only 3 mins of your time

My amazing leader, Sheila, always shares a recipe at the end of our meeting.  This week it was vegetarian quiche cups.  Thank goodness!  2 quiche are 1 Points Plus!

What I love best about this recipe is that you can literally do it in 3 mins of your time.  Preheat, microwave, mix, spray, pour, badabing bada boom.

My go-to on the run breakfast is a Dunkin Donuts egg white turkey sausage wakeup wrap.  It's easy (yes, yes, I know its not great for you...but when I'm busy I'm busy) and I love that I can hold it in a wrap.  So, to make this recipe fit my needs,  I wrapped 4 of the quiche up in a 1 points plus tortilla.  I am completely satisfied, and have only eaten 3 points plus for breakfast!


Ingredients:
  1 (9 or 10 oz) package frozen chopped spinach
  3/4 cup better n eggs
  3/4 cup low-fat cheddar shredded cheddar
  1/4 cup diced green pepper
  1/4 cup diced onion
  3 drops (or more) hot pepper sauce
 
Makes 12 quiche
2 quiche per serving
1 points plus per serving



Directions
1.  Preheat oven to 350*
2.  Microwave spinach for 4 mins, stir halfway through, drain excess liquid
3.  Spray non-stick cupcake tray with olive oil spray
4.  Combine all ingredients in a bowl, mix well
5.  Dived evenly among muffin cups
6.  Bake for 20 mins, until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean (I needed 23 mins)

I hate wasting time, so I used a bag of frozen diced green peppers and onions, measured out a half cup, microwaved it for 30 seconds, and used that instead of dicing up a veggie. 

You can freeze the extras, and then microwave them, or better yet - put them in a toaster oven to reheat.





No comments:

Post a Comment